SERVICE & REPAIR
MANUALS – WARRANTY
NATIONAL eBIKE VIDEOS
FYI: New brakes often have minor “squeaks” during their 50-100 mile break-in period!
Finish Line Dry Lubricant (or similar product).
- Apply lubricant to chain, sprocket, cassette, derailleur, and related hardware.
- Do not apply lubricant to brake rotors, electrical components, lights, or leather/rubber surfaces.
- Apply monthly (minimum), more if commuting or frequent riding.
- Always re-lubricate following rain and/or beach riding!
Avoid using water. If water must be used (or rain) towel dry and apply lubricant.
- Use a soft paint brush (or soft towel) to remove excess sand and dirt.
- Clean after each use with a waterless clean/shine (or similar product).
- Avoid disc rotors – contaminants on pads/rotors make them squeak
Only use the original charger that was provided with your bike.
- Not all chargers are the same and using the wrong charger could be dangerous.
- An incompatible charger could damage your battery, the charger, and/or the user.
Do not leave the battery fully charged or on a low charge for extended periods.
- Keeping a battery fully charged all the time will lower its lifespan.
- Leaving on low or no charge may cause your cells to go into “sleep mode” (unable to charge).
Avoid extreme temperatures.
- During a charging cycle the battery should be in a dry environment.
- Warmer than freezing and not hotter than 110 degrees Fahrenheit (70 is ideal).
Always plug the charger into the bike before plugging into an outlet.
- When charging is complete unplug from the wall, and then unplug from the bike.
- Lithium-Ion batteries will last longer with regular use and charging.
Charge when the display shows below 50%.
Avoid topping-off or running the battery empty.
- If you occasionally top-off (or run out) that’s ok – just do not make the norm!
Do not leave your battery on the charger longer than necessary to charge.
- Overcharging could reduce the life of the battery and/or cause permanent damage.
- We recommend using a timer as a reminder to take the battery off the charger.
Store the battery at 50% charge for prolonged periods.
- You should charge your battery at least once per month.
ALWAYS CHECK TIRE FOR MAX PSI
Keep tires properly inflated for the best ride/wear/longevity.
- Check tires for minimum / maximum pressure limits (PSI).
- Keep tires within 10% of the MAX PSI to extend the tire life.
- Check your pressure weekly or prior to each ride.
Never exceed the maximum pressure stated on the tire.
- DO NOT EXCEED 50 PSI even if your tire’s “maximum PSI” is higher.
- Going above 50 PSI will stress the tube and may cause damage.